Thursday, October 8, 2009

Arrival!!!

Hello everyone,

I first of all have to say, that this will be my very first attempt at a blog! (So bare with me.)

Well, I made it! Safe and sound! And warmly welcomed at the airport by a good friend who drove me and all my very, very heavy suitcases to the house in Peterborough.

Got to the house around 3pm England time, and amazed myself by managing to unpack (everything!) in less than 30 mins!! I know! Amazing!
And then promptly crashed, and slept for about 2-3 hrs. before the rest of the household came home.

Woke up just before 6pm, had a bite to eat, and was off to a Young Adult Corporate Small Group at the church. Which was great! Heard about some of the outreach projects going on around the city, such as street ministry outside the clubs, public events in the city centre etc. Really exciting whats happening.

After getting lots of "welcome back" hugs and all that excitement, finally made it back home, and promptly fell asleep.

Woke up early Thursday morning, got ready and headed to the church for my first official day on the internship.

Thursday's class is one of the two teaching classes that we have (the first being Monday nights), which is from 12:30pm-5pm. We start off with about an hour of worship, prayer and devotions which is lead by one of us interns each week.
Yesterday was the 3rd class (my 1st), and was a great time of worship and prayer as a group.
Then Simon Deeks, one of the associate pastors taught a lesson on "Spirit, Soul, Body" and the differences between the three, and importance of the spirit being the dominant of the three.
Was very enlightening, I knew some things about the trinity of them, but Simon went on to explain that the difference between Christians and non-christians, is that we both have the Soul and Body that are very active, but for non-christians, there spirit is almost non-existent, or turned off in a way, or dead. But when we accept Christ and are born again, it's like our spirit also comes alive because Jesus is living in us. Very cool stuff! I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea :)

So after that lesson, another fellow who is one of the small group leaders in the church named Keith taught about the consequences of not reading the word on a daily basis....but it actually turned out to be mostly on the importance and benefits of reading the word. Because the word is from the Lord, therefore, when we spend time in the word, we're spending time with the Lord, which I had always thought of as kind of two separate things...and Keith went on to say how Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light", and we can take that and apply it to the Bible, by reading the word, we can see the way, see the truth, and see the light.
What a great starting session eh!!

Hope that gives you a little taste of what I've jumped into! I'm loving every minute of it, soaking up as much as I can.

Anyways, my first day was great, had such a great time, didn't feel overwhelmed, thank you Jesus, and was great meeting the rest of the Interns :)

I should be signing off now, I meant to write this all last night, but I didn't have a plug adapter for my laptop, and without being plugged in, it went from full power to no power in less than 10 mins.
So my mission for today was sleeping in, and "PLUG ADAPTER!!" - which I easily found at Tesco. (Similar to like...WalMart or SuperStore, but waaaay better.) Now I'm all charged and ready to post this blog! My Mum will be happy now. hehe.

Well hope you liked my very first entry! Miss you all! Thanks for all the prayers and messages :) Keep praying!
Here's a couple little things I could use some prayer covering for:

-My ear hasn't popped yet from the flight - only about 50% hearing in my left ear.

-I've caught a bit of a cold, probably from the plane, and I'm very sniffly, so pray for full health!

-I will be learning to drive on the left this weekend..eeeek! Pray for peace, quick, easy learning....and safety on the roads!

-I'm teaching the 'Sparklers' class this Sunday at the 2nd service. (Sunday school class for ages 5-6). Pray for peace, and that I'll know what I'm doing! Haha.

Thanks everyone!!

Lizz

No comments:

Post a Comment